A global leading family destination, Resorts World Sentosa(RWS)is home to aplethora of fun-filled offerings for the whole family. Taking pride of place at Singapore’s resort island of Sentosa and spanning 49 hectares, this mega-resort, costing S$7 billion to build, is home to Southeast Asia’s first and only Universal Studios theme park, one of the world’s largest aquariums–S.E.A. Aquarium and Southeast Asia’s only aquatic park integrated with marine life.
The Resort also boasts more than 2,000 rooms, spread across its six on-site hotels of varying themes and an offsite hotel at Jurong, as well as Singapore’s largest destination spa –ESPA at Resorts World Sentosa. Available too, are full conference and meeting facilities that can host 12,000 delegates at any one time.
Resorts World Sentosa began opening in phases in January 2010, and fully opened in December 2012. 2015 marked the resort’s fifth anniversary, and RWS celebratedwith a line-up of new offerings and special promotions as it continuously refreshes its offerings to attract new and repeat visitors.
Total Investment: S$7billion
Estimated Employment: About 12,000 direct jobs and 35,000 indirect hires
Total Land Area: 49 hectares / 121 acres
- Central Zone – Hotel Michael, Festive Hotel, Crockfords Tower, Resorts World Casino, FestiveWalk
- Universal Studios Singapore
- Crane Dance – World’s largest animatronics performance
- L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon and Joël Robuchon Restaurant
- Maritime Experiential Museum
- Equarius Hotel
- Beach Villas
- ESPA at RWS
- Tree Top Lofts
- S.E.A. Aquarium
- Adventure Cove Waterpark
Universal Studios Singapore®
– Southeast Asia’s only Universal Studios theme park.
– More than 16 million visitors to date.
– Seven themed zones, including the world’s biggest single collection of DreamWorks Animation theme park attractions – Madagascar and Far Far Away, as well as Sci-Fi City, Ancient Egypt, The Lost World, New York and Hollywood.
– 24 rides, shows and attractions including the world’s tallest dueling roller coasters and the world’s first TRANSFORMERS theme park attraction.
S.E.A. Aquarium, Dolphin Island, Adventure Cove Waterpark
– S.E.A. Aquarium is one of the world’s largest aquariums housing heavy-weights including sharks, rays and an impressive display of open-ocean fishes.
– At Dolphin Island, guests can interact with dolphins, and learn more about the fascinating marine mammals.
– Adventure Cove Waterpark is the region’s only waterpark integrated with marine life elements, where guests can have opportunities to hand feed rays and get up-close with the marine animals through a series of marine encounters, as well as experience one of the longest reef swims and lazy rivers in the world. Visitors to Adventure Cove Waterpark can now visit its brand new attraction, Wet Maze, which is Southeast Asia’s first attraction to combine a rope obstacle course, maze and water elements into one exciting wet adventure.
The Maritime Experiential Museum
– Story of the fascinating shipping Silk Route told through sight, sound and immersion.
– Includes a multimedia theatre, where guests board a shipwrecked Arabia-bound vessel. The vessel enters a storm, rolls, pitches, and turns and eventually sinks. Visitors emerge from the wreck in the depths of the sea, surrounded by an aquarium of deep ocean fish.
ESPA at RWS
– Singapore’s largest luxury spa, and ESPA’s flagship spa in Asia.
– Six-star spa and wellness retreat that combines sanctuary with therapy.
– South East Asia’s premier destination for wellness and health renewal.
– Various enticing healing and therapy options that include seawater therapy and lifestyle coaching.
– Signature treatments include the first-in-Singapore authentic Turkish Hammam.
Other Major Attractions
Trick Eye Museum Singapore
– First overseas venture of South Korea’s famed 3D optical art gallery
– Home to close to 100 3D paintings and optical illusions artworks in six themed zones
– Part of the Korean enclavealong the Waterfront
– Southeast Asia’s first dedicated K-pop holographic theatre
– Rich and visually immersive K-pop experience that features the use of augmented and virtual reality technologies and a myriad of special effects to make visitors feel like they are attending a real-life concert
– Current cast includes Wonder Girls, 2PM and GOT7 with holographic content to be updated every six months to keep visitors and K-pop fans continually engaged
FestiveWalk, Bull Ring, Waterfront
– The main artery of Resorts World Sentosa, pulsating with 24/7 action and activity.
– Plethora of dining optionsfrom celebrity-chef restaurants to authentic Malaysian hawker fare.
– Crane Dance –World’s largest animatronics crane performance. Awaterfront, multi-media spectacle.
– Lake of Dreams–A magical dreamlike show with a spectacular and dazzling array of visual effects.
– The Resort is also home to resident productions –a seasonal offering. ProductionshaveincludedSingapore’s longest running show –Voyage de la Vie, Incanto, LightSeeker: A RWS Musical, Peter Pan: The NeverEnding Story and more.
Crockfords Tower: Quite simply the ultra-luxury experience. Crockfords Tower also houses the RWS casino.
Hotel Michael: The world’s only hotel that displays the brilliant and whimsical flair of American architectural icon, Michael Graves.
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore: A legend in its own right, a place where the history of rock and roll comes alive.
Festive Hotel: Contemporary and chic, perfect for those who yearn tobe in the thick of the action.
Equarius Hotel: Accommodation at the doorstep of a pristine forest.
BeachVillas: A tropical respite from the bustle of the city, with an assortment of water bungalows and beach cottages offering total tranquility.Tree Top Loftsand Ocean Suitesare also among the unique accommodation options offered.
Genting Hotel Jurong: As the first major hotel to open in the Jurong Lake District, the 557-room Genting Hotel Jurong heralds exciting new developments in the western part of Singapore.
Meetings and Incentive
All-in-one destination for business and leisure.
– Meeting facilities for up to 12,000 delegates, including Asia’s largest column-free ballroom that can seat 6,500 guests.
– 37function rooms and more than 20 varied indoor and outdoor events venues.
– Compelling programmes that combine the best in entertainment, resort living and business.
– Please refer to RWS’MICE Fact Sheet for full details on its exceptional MICEfacilities.Architecture
– An iconic and tropical family mega-resort, designed to deliver a cool and dry visitor experience.
– Designed by acclaimed architect and product designer Michael Graves of Michael Graves & Associates, working with Singapore architecture firm DP Architects.
– Michael Graves’ works include:oHumana Building in Louisville, Kentucky.oDisney World’s Dolphin and Swan Hotels in Orlando, Florida.oAlso well-known for his product designs, notably the famous Alessi ‘whistling bird’ tea kettle and a popular line of household products with major retailer Target that feature his signature clean-lines design.
– For more information on Michael Graves Architecture, please log on to www.michaelgraves.com.